About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Augsburg College Double Majoring in Organizational Communications, and Business Management. I hope to become a wedding planner, it is my absolute dream job! I LOVE to dance, and make music. I play 6 instruments and I am working on a 7th. I love shopping, and my kitty cat! My best friends are the greatest and of course i have quite an amazing family! I love my life and try to live it to the fullest :)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SultWalk 2012/W.O.W

So as I had previously mentioned, I am currently in a Women's Studies course, and I am LOVING it. I love learning about women's rights and all of the stuff that comes along with it. Also, this week at Augsburg is the "Week of Women" this week we are celebrating women and all things that go along with being women! Yesterday in Christensen Center I was able to make 2 buttons! I made one that said: "Feminist and PROUD!" and one that said: "All Women are beautiful". They are currently living on my backpack which is great cause I wear it everywhere. Also for Week Of Women (WOW) Augsburg College is having a showing (Tonight!) of "MissRepresentation" the documentary, and I am SO SO SO excited. I had planned on going to see it at another Twin Cities College earlier in the school year, but i had to work that night! So tonight we are showing it, and I am supposed to have my Women's studies class tonight and professor said that she would be easily persuaded into letting all of us go and watch it together! :) I really hope I am able to do that!

Also! I was browsing the interwebs today when i found THIS: http://www.slutwalkminneapolis.org/index.html
It is the link for SlutWalk Minneapolis in October, and I am ALREADY absolutely pumped!!!!! I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment